Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 3

Week 3




  • In Week 3 I scored my first free body wash. It was actually a really nice men's body wash for Matt, but free just the same! I used a manufacturer coupon and a Target coupon combined with a Target sale to make it free.


  • In order to get these free items, you must act fast. I went to SuperTarget early in the week and they were already out of everything I wanted to get at a discount or free. However, the regular Targets seem to hold on to their merchandise a bit longer. I was able to get my free body wash at Target in Tulsa Hills.


  • I tried even more items from Aldi this week and was impressed by 99% of what I bought. I am still in awe of my savings there.

  • I continue to do the bulk of my shopping at Wal-mart because they have what I need and they definitely have the cheapest non-sale prices, with the exception of Aldi. I am keeping an Excel spreadsheet of the price of the items I buy at Wal-mart. This allows me to do price comparisons when I see something is on sale at another store. Wal-mart is really close to my house, so I would rather go there if the price with or without a coupon will be the same.

  • After making my grocery list I now scour the internet for coupons for every item on my list that I do not have a coupon for in my binder. It only takes about 10 minutes and it could save another $5.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Jessica! How Many hours per week would you say you are putting into this? Maybe once you get it better oiled in a month or so you can keep track? I am not insinuating it isn't worth the time, I am just curious .

    ReplyDelete